Friday, March 27, 2009

Well, today was the big day, I started my Tafe course - Visual Art and Contemporary Craft. After missing the first two weeks, due to work, I finally made it and I don't have to do too much catching up, BUT there will be homework involved!! Ahem, we'll see about that, I might just have to work extra hard in class and get it all done there. Less talking and more working, I don't know if that's possible!

I was drawing plants from the gardens, looking at textures and patterns, enlarging them and eventually they will be transferred onto fabric using a variety of sewing techniques.
There are alot of very clever and talented ladies in the class and I feel perhaps they should be out the front teaching as well and not sitting with the rest of the students. I am sure over the next few months I will learn alot about a number of different crafts and my projects will reflect my new skills, so it will be interesting to see my work evolve. I felt a little bit intimidated by how knowledgeable some of these women were, but they were all very friendly and happy to share their ideas and help me out, so I quickly relaxed into the swing of things.

I find when I am in a group situation like this it's interesting to observe other people and build up a personality profile of them. Who is the joker in the group or the Serious Sam or the one who always does their homework on time and always gets an A+. I don't always get it right, but it's fun.

When I figure out how to put photos on my blog I will start posting some and give you all something interesting to look at. In the mean time I must take the camera outside and take some photos of interesting textures and patterns.

We are in for a fine weekend, no rain on the horizon, although we did have 4 mls on Wednesday, it puts a bit of rain in our tank and washes the dust off the plants.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Life's busy isn't it?......thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I love hearing from you and will reply via email unless you are set up as a
'no reply blog'
in which case I will reply here on the comments page...♥

Thankyou xx