It was one of those days............foggy, Wintry, just perfect for heading down the road to Beechworth.
No. 1 was up for it too.
We headed straight for the bakery, ordered some breakfast and found a spot to sit in the window, where we could look out onto this beautiful day.
After breakfast we went our separate ways..........
I mooched around the shops but sadly no treasures to be found in the op shops today.
No. 1 happily retreated to the car with a guitar magazine.............
With mooching over we headed to Lake Sambell so I could take a few photos.......
I think this is the best/worst pea souper we've had this Winter.
The above pic is relatively clear.
I was a little apprehensive driving in such thick fog as you could barely see metres in front of you.
It's amazing how many people only had their parking lights on, which meant you couldn't see them until they suddenly appeared out of the fog, which was a bit startling...............
A splash of colour to brighten the day.
The Wattle is blooming all around the area, I love to cut bunches of it and bring it inside.
It was just one of those days, where the hours were frittered away doing bits and pieces, relaxing, enjoyable and not feeling guilty at all about the fact that I STILL hadn't finished my Sunflower tea cosy..............
I have recently been given an award by the lovely Cuckoo
So I have to tell you 7 interesting things about myself.
Hmm,.......... interesting now that's a challenge, but here goes,
1. As much as I try to be organised and keep my work area neat and tidy, I seem to work better amongst chaos and mayhem. When the creative mojo is in top gear there's no time to stop and tidy up. It's just go, go, go until the job is done and then groan..........tidy up.
2. I love looking at the night sky and try and go out to see what's on view every night. We live in the country so there's very little light pollution from neighbours.
Life's simple pleasures are often the best.
3. When ever it rains I have to go on 'Worm Rescue' patrol...........they wriggle out of the flooded soil onto the pavers where they remain like beached whales.
I always feel I have to rescue them before they die or the birds find them.
I put them back in a sheltered part of the garden where they get on with what they do best.
4. I would love to have a go at living in the bush, you know, Bear Grylls or Survivor style.
I think it would be 'fun' to pit yourself against the elements with just a few basic pieces of equipment. You know, find out what sort of stuff you're made of..............
5. My sister gave me a skateboard for my 17th birthday. They had just come onto the market. It seemed a bit of strange gift as I don't think I had expressed an interest in them. No. 1 is a skateboarder and I think he saw me in a new light when I told him I once had one..............
6. I used to lack a bit of self confidence at times and could feel intimidated by other people, but now I am alot more comfortable with who I am and my abilities. If need be I can easily strike up a conversation with strangers or stand in front of a room full of people and give a speech.
7. I like to have a good laugh. When I get together with my sister we talk about silly things, act like kids, play jokes on each other and have a good belly laugh. It's fun, it's good and it's the best exercise.............
Okey dokey that took me forever..............
Now I am meant to pass this award on to 3 other bloggers but I as you are all so versatile, creative and interesting, it just makes it too hard.
Does that get me off the hook?
Sooooooo anyone who would like to play along and tell us 7 interesting things about your self, please feel free to join in.
Well, as you can see I have been having a little play around with my blog layout.
Not being a techy type it's taken me alot longer to learn what you clever things have no doubt known for ages.
I had quite a bit of fun and frustration working it all out but I am happy with the final result AND I didn't have to ask No.1 or hubby for help.
Needless to say there will be a little bit of tweaking going on over time and if you have any little tips you would like to share, please feel free.............
I hope your week is going well, thanks for dropping by to read my ramblings.
It's always nice to hear from you,
Till next time, take care,