Friday, January 21, 2011

Success or Failure?

It started off with the seed of an idea and grew...............
I was a little excited about starting a new project.
A cushion, it was an itch I just had to scratch!
I had been thinking about it for quite a while and was looking forward to how it would turn out.
I tried not to rush, take my time, think carefully about fabrics and how they would look.

All was going well, coming together slowly, but I was happy.
Take my time, double check, then triple check, I know what I'm like..........


Sew carefully, keep the 'writing' legible, same size, follow the curve.
Double check, no typos so far, all going well.
Finish off, i's yet to be dotted and the moon to be added, but basically done.
Reread the text, hmmmm, something missing, can you spot it?

My smile slipped, a frown was gathering............
How could that happen, I was being careful, very careful.

Somehow, I got ahead of myself and left out three little letters, one word.
It's not a major problem, BUT I'm not happy...........

Does it matter?

What do you think?

Oh well, it's too late now, it can't be fixed, guess that's what you call a prototype....


Maybe I should just stick with some crochet.....
Make a mistake, pull it out and start again, too easy.



Maybe I'll just cheer myself up with some of these.
They belong to No1 and have been in the fridge since Christmas.
I can honestly say I haven't been tempted to sneak one. Even when offered I have refused........

What's that all about and is it fatal!
I'm worried, that's sooooooooo not like me.

No 1 is away for the weekend.
Do you think he would notice if one or two went missing?



On a brighter note, in fact a much brighter note.
I happened upon this beautiful eiderdown when my favourite, little op shop reopened this week.
I couldn't believe it was sitting there on top of the boring, old plain blankets, just waiting for someone to come along and fall in love with it.
That person was me and it was love at first sight.......

It's beautiful my favourite colour combination. Perfect condition, no moth holes or worn patches.

There's no label either, so I can't tell how old it is, but I am sure it's not 'newish'.
You never seem to find this style of treasure at the op shop, well I don't, maybe I look in the wrong places.
Don't forget to click on the photo to enlarge it and enjoy all that floral goodness.
But be careful you might just fall in love with it and I found it first.
Even hubby commented on how nice it is, now that's a real tick of approval.


More flowery goodness, just because.
It's been a warm day here, there's quite a sting in the sunshine.
The white cabbage moths seem to be congregating in the garden.
Don't mind them flying round, but please don't lay your eggs here, go elsewhere.....


Out in the orchard last night, to pick a couple of Nashis, I spied this cheeky fellow.

Twas a little bit dark for a photo, but he just sat there watching me, cheeky thing.

A beautiful Rosella, they fly in and eat the fruit and are quite bold. Not at all scared of me.

They are welcome to visit my garden, a visual delight and have a sweet, high pitched call, BUT.......

Well, another week has passed, it's been a good week, not too hot.
A couple of nights there, it was even cool enough to have a blanket on.

I'm back at work, getting back into the swing of things. Early morning starts, hmmmm.....

The days are getting shorter, it was quite alot darker at 6.15 this morning, but very pleasant.
Dare I say there was hint of Autumn in the air or was it my imagination?

I hope wherever you are you have had a good week and looking forward to a relaxing weekend.

Thankyou for popping by, if you have a minute please leave a comment, so I know you have visited, I love to hear from you.

Till next time, take care

Claire X

P.S. If you haven't picked the fault in the text on my cushion.......'the' is missing from the last line.
It should read........'Before he reached the towno, towno, towno

10 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed your post. I know that feeling of 'but I was being so careful' that is usually when I slip up!! Glad I'm not the only one who gets the 'I have to follow this idea up' feeling, the trouble is when I feel I've got the idea tied down I very often don't finish the project!!! I think go with the 'mistake' and don't worry, if you don't point it out most would not notice and there are some who put in a deliberate mistake in their work....

    I'm envious of the warmth and sunshine you have right now. I'm in the middle of a winter cold, so kindly brought in by my son, and I have the prospect this morning of a very frosty walk with my dog - big coat, scarf and gloves no doubt required, what a contrast!!

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, can't see what the word was - was it 'the' in the last sentence? If so it doesn't notice and I wouldn't worry, isn't it the Amish who deliberately put a mistake into their quilts because only God is perfect? It is so pretty that it doesn't matter. Great snag on the quilt! Partners can be so two faced about 'aquistions' - if they like it, then it's safe, if they don't then it becomes 'more of your junk'...

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay my guess is you didn't dot your "i"'s . . . still i think your cushion is superb (i wouldn't want anyone to sit on it !).
    Just when your fruit is ready - out pops a rosie !
    Great op shop find - my ones always have holes in them if that helps ;)
    Hope your boys are having a blast - can't hear the music from here but I bet my sister can !
    And yes, there is a "smell" that hints at Autumn in the evenings - the days are hot and humid still though. Must check the willows they always know first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Claire,
    If you had not pointed it out, I never would have noticed the left out word. Tell me again how you do the writing????

    Your Op-shop find is beautiful and I love how it mimics the roses in your garden.

    What very cool exotic bird you have visiting you..I'm jealous.

    Have a great weekend

    Janet xox

    P.S...I'll be spending it painting cabinets. I am putting your scarf in the mail today...be on the lookout ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, i like it even better without the THE.
    Its wonderful as it is,
    and so is that duvet , hanging on the line.
    I am palpitating over your clothesline too.
    xx
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a jot as far as I'm concerned Claire - it's gorgeous. I had to sing the words twice and I still didn't notice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't have found it if you hadn't pointed it out. It's a lovely cushion, I love the little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Success! it is a lovely cushion, and it will give generations to come a talking point, methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, thankyou one and all for your encouraging comments. It's seems it's not as big a mistake as I first felt and I think I can live with it.......
    Gretel, I didn't know about the Amish deliberately putting a mistake in their work, very interesting.
    Molly you made me laugh, singing the song twice.......
    Glad you like my op shop find, I'm still admiring it as I wander past the bed.....
    Hope you all had a great weekend.

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I still can't find the typo but I LOVE the fox piece. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Life's busy isn't it?......thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
I love hearing from you and will reply via email unless you are set up as a
'no reply blog'
in which case I will reply here on the comments page...♥

Thankyou xx